Thursday, October 19, 2017

You Want Results? Start by Asking The Right Questions!

Have you ever wonder why for some people results come almost effortlessly and others seem to work twice as hard with nothing to show for their hard work?  There are many reasons but one of the main reasons is because the people who get results, ask the right questions whereas people who get no results or limited results ask the wrong questions.  Let me explain.

Whether you know it or not, we are constantly having a conversation with ourselves.  The type of questions and statements we ask or make in that conversation determines what we focus on.  If in your conversation you ask question like, "why can't I lose weight?" or "what is wrong with me?", your mind stays focused on all the reasons why you can't lose weight and everything that is wrong with you and all the obstacles in your way.  These types of questions will never lead you to any solutions.
On the other hand, if you ask yourself better questions, you will get better answers that might help you achieve the results you are looking for.  Better questions are "How" questions.  For example if you are trying to lose weight, a better question would be, "how do I make sure I get a least two workouts in per week?" or "How can I make sure I eat at least 4 vegetables per day?" or "what can I do today to move me closer to my weight loss goal?"  You see all these questions put your focus on finding solutions to your problems.  We can solve any problem if we simply focus on the problem long enough and asking the right questions will help you keep your focus on the right place.

I am a true believer that if you have enough reasons why you want to achieve something, you can always find a way to achieve it.  It's only a matter of asking all the right questions.

So starting today, pay attention to the conversation you are having with yourself and make sure you are asking questions that will get you to the answers you seek.

Live Your Way Thin System
Simple, Sustainable, Weight Loss

No comments: