Friday, March 2, 2012

Let's Lose Weight and Keep it off

I am very excited, this is my first blog.  I have been in the weight loss field for almost 20 years and my main focus has been permanent weight loss.  From early in my fitness career the one question I have been trying to answer has been, "why the vast majority of people can't keep the weight off after they lose it?"  I am very happy to announce I finally have the answer.  The one big problem the weight loss field has, is that is full of gimmicks and misinformation and that is one of the reasons why so many people have a hard time losing weight or if they do manage to lose weight, they can't keep it off.  In my blog I would discuss popular misinformation about weight loss, exercising and diet, and I can tell you there is plenty of misinformation out there, I will discuss the main reasons why most people can't keep the weight off after they lose it and more importantly I will give practical advice on how you can improve your health and lose weight. I will also share my opinion on the latest gimmicks and fitness trends.
I would love to hear your comments and questions and I would do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

2 comments:

Валерия Кузьминец said...

Поздравляю с открытием блога! Буду твоим читателем, тем более тема актуальная!!!
Congratulations to open your first blog!!! I will be your follower! The theme is very actual! Как то так!!!
Мой вопрос: ты что-нибудь знаешь про тонусные столы?
My question is: have you ever hird about tonus tables? Are they effective? Thanks:)

Stavros Mastrogiannis said...

Toning Tables in my opinion is a waste of money and time. It's a gimmick. In order to tone your body two things have to happen. You need to strength your muscles and you need to reduce your body fat. Toning tables have absolutely no effect on the fat that is covering the muscle that prevents you from looking toned. As far as benefiting the muscle, I am sure it's better than doing nothing, but using weight training machines or free weight would be a lot better. Personally I would not recommend them. If you want to tone, just do some form of weight training (free weights, weight training machines, Pilates etc) to strengthen your muscles, do some form of aerobics (treadmill, elliptical, running, etc)to improve your cardiovascular system and make your body more efficient at burning fat and eat right. What is eating right? That is a whole other discussion I will be covering at a later time.

I hope this helps