Monday, November 14, 2016

The Sustainable Weight Loss Project


It's time to learn the truth about losing weight!


From the very beginning, when I first got into the weight loss field, 24 years ago, I noticed how most people lost weight only to regaining the weight back.  I don’t know about other fitness professionals but I did not get into the weight loss field to help people lose weight temporarily. I got into the weight loss field to help people lose weight and keep it off.  For that reason, I refused to follow the current methods of weight loss because they only lead to unsustainable weight loss.  Early in my fitness career I got to work trying to answer the questions, “why do most people end up regaining the weight back and how can I help people achieve sustainable weight loss?”  Finding the answer to these two questions was a long hard journey.  As I was working behind the scenes trying to answer this questions on sustainable weight loss,  I would watch new weight loss fads come and go, month after month, year after year, promising people whatever they  wanted to hear but producing no real results.  The only results these fad weight loss program produced was enriching the pockets of their creators.  Think about this, since 1992, the year I got into the weight loss field, we have increased the amount of money we spend on weight loss products and services from $30 billion per year to over $60 billion today, and the obesity rate during the same time has gone from 12.6% to over 35% today.  Don’t you find something wrong with this picture?  I did. I knew there was something seriously wrong with the way we approached weight loss for years, but I did not know exactly what was wrong. So I kept quiet and diligently worked at looking for answers.

Finally, after around 15 years in the weight loss industry, I found I had my answers on how to attain sustainable weight loss. But  I had not tested my answers to sustainable weight loss on a large enough number of people or for a long enough period of time to make sure it worked on most people. I lacked the confidence that my answers were 100% correct.  I kept my information to myself and my clients and continued testing my approach.

It has been almost 10 years since I came up with what I thought was the answer to sustainable weight loss and today I can say, with certainty, that I have the answer.  The success that I have seen in my clients who followed my method to sustainable weight loss is the most definitive evidence that I have seen in all my years in the weight loss field.  Now that I have the answer to sustainable weight loss it  is time to get ready for my next quest and for this quest I need everyone's help. 

I realize that the best weight loss solution will not make any difference in anyone’s life if they don’t know about it.  I have been watching people lose weight only to regain the weight back, long enough.  It is time to put a stop to it. The future is not looking too good for our health.   According to NHANES (The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey), if we continue at the current rate of weight gain, 50% of the US population will be obese by the year 2030.  This awful fate does not have to happen and to make sure it does not, I have started The Sustainable Weight Loss Project.

It’s an educational movement to inform the public on facts they need to know about sustainable weight loss and better health, that unfortunately, the mainstream nutritionists and fitness professionals are not teaching them.

The goal of this project is to increase the number of people who are able to keep the weight off from 5% to over 70% and reverse the weight gain trend.   I believe we can achieve this goal by getting the word out on how sustainable weight loss is possible. By the way, it is not that hard.   Unfortunately, it will be an uphill battle because my message will be competing with well-funded misinformation on weight loss and better health, which is the main reason why we are losing the weight loss battle in the first place.  By myself, I will not be able to reach enough people to make a difference, that is why I am asking for everyone's help to spread the word by sharing this information with all your friends and family.  If everyone pitches in and help spread the word, we can reach enough people to make a difference and reverse the weight gain trend and we can make our country lean and healthy again.
I will be getting the truth out on sustainable weight loss through online and offline vehicles like my Live Your Way Thin YouTube channel, my Live Your Way Thin Facebook page, my blog, and public speaking.

I also hope to attract other like-minded fitness professionals that will join my quest to reverse the weight gain trend that the western world is experiencing today.  

If you would like to help, please visit my YouTube channel and share the videos with your friends, read my blog, my Facebook posts and share them with your friends.  I am also making myself available, for free, to speak to any groups and companies in the Greater Danbury area on the subject of sustainable weight loss and how it can be achieved.  If you know of any groups or companies that are looking for a speaker, please forward my information to them or contact me directly.

Through a collective effort, I truly believe we can reverse the trend and avoid the awful fate that awaits us if we don’t start making changes now.

Thank you
Stavros Mastrogiannis

No comments: